dripline or mist heads

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by All American Lawn, Aug 26, 2003.

1. All American Lawn

All American Lawn LawnSite Member

What do you guys try to sell your customer drip line or mist heads??? I always try to sell the mist heads because in my opinion and experience it waters the planst and srubs better....and when shrubs grow the soaker line does not get to the roots....I dont thinik so anyway....Give me your opinions

Thanks Richie
  2. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

I used to use sprays, now that I have become more familiar with the drip line and accesories I wont consider going back to sprays for beds. you never have to worry about overspray on the buildings or in the parking lot ect. ect.
  3. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Misters are easier to install, and designing a mister system is a little more forgiving than drip. I think drip is more efficient. I use drip for shrubs, perennials, and small trees planted in beds. Install a separate zone of misters if customer plants annuals regularly. These can be repositioned easily, depending on what type,and where the annual is planted. No use watering the shrubs and annuals at the same time when only the annuals need watering

Drip takes a little more design knowledge to work properly. And as the planted material grows, a drip system can be amended to still work properly.

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Mist sprinklers can waste alot of water, ive been using Netafim drip products pretty solid for plantings now for 4 yrs.