Drive 75 and PG magnum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

.75 oz of drive p/G of water and make 2 passes- Outstanding results w/ NO turf injury.
    1.5 oz per gallon of water 1 pass- Good control better w/ the previous.
    I've also mixed in 4 oz. of 3 way w/ the drive w/ good results and no injury. Anyone else try this?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I have only used Drive in hand sprayers so far. Sounds about right. With my PG Ultra I get about 5000 sq ft per gallon. How many sq feet per gallon do you get? Do you use any crop oil?

I hate it! It is so difficult to measure small amounts of dry products like Drive at one-third ounce.

3. Shades of Green LService

about 4500 sq. ft. I bought a digital scale this year for easy measuring. Works great. No additives were used such as oil or adjuvants.

4. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I use a TON of Drive, usually on very young turf (1 mo. old) have never had any injury except on fine fescue-it will burn it everytime. If you are spraying larger crabgrass (> 2 tiller) use a seed oil, or something like LI700, or you will get spotty results. Drive is a great product!

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Drive is great. However...it settles out quickly...it will not stay in suspension. Clear as water in the top of the tank and heavy white slurry in the bottom. If you are applying enough--the crabgrass turns white.

Crop oil or a wetting agent like Hawkeye ,is helpful to wet the crabgrass.

No agitation in Perma Green tank. I am looking for a paint stirring paddle that fits into my rechargable screwdriver.

6. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have a Z-Spray & have no problem w/ drive because it has agitation. Another reason I wouldn't have a Perma Green.....

7. Shades of Green LService

Like i said.. It worked great with no oil and just me shaking the hell out of the machine. Very happy w/ the results.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I am sure that agitation could be added very easily if needed on the PG.

I don't have any need for it...

9. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

The magnum agitation is better than the ultra

10. lescojdl

lescojdl LawnSite Member

Instead of mixing in the 3way with the drive, use Q4. It is about the same as price per 1,000sqft as drive and you get your annual grasses, seges, and your broadleaf weeds with one product. Use about 3 oz per 1,000sqft which equates to about a gallon of herbicide per 12 gallon tank on the magnum.