1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

drive/acclaim/msma/ where to buy (canada)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by steck, Jul 22, 2008.

1. steck

steck LawnSite Member
    from ontario

any fellow canadians read these boards...or am i the only one :canadaflag:

post emerg crab has taken over !! just in the last couple of days.

why didnt i do a pre-emerg ?? :cry::dizzy::laugh:

having a hard time locating this stuff.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Lesco (JDL) has it for around $500 per gallon. Don't feel too bad about the crabgrass,...we did do a pre-emergent, and are now having a bunch of beakout. Rainy seasons especially contribute to this. Even when you DO put down a cg control,...you have to inform the customer that you are only going to get a 90% control, anyway...This is according to the label. this way,...they KNOW that you can not do anything over what the products expectations are. If you ave to go back and do further crabgrass control,..then that is extra...The pre-emergent did exactly what it was supposed to do ... - for the 90 days that it was supposed to do it.
  3. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

ditch the acclaim. be cautious of the temps and drought conditions when using msma, use drive if they're monsterous plants. it works "decent" when applied with a spreader sticker to large crabgrass.

but in my experience the vast majority of post emergent crabgrass controls suck.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you say ditch the Acclaim? This is the cream of the crop for cg control. 100% control...100% of the time has been our experience...and it goes a LONG way.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone started to consider stocking up on MSMA with the reality of it not being available in the near future??