1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Drive additives

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HBFOXJr, Aug 20, 2002.

1. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

My Drive label recommends crop oil or some kind of other oil as an additive rather than a surfactant.

Ha s anyone successfully used a surfactant or sticker/spreader with Drive?

Any other use tips?

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use crop oil. Lesco guys said alot of guys are useing their spreader/sticker w/ good results. I have had excellent results w/ crop oil.:) ;) :) ED

3. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've used methylated seed oil, very inexpensive and have had great results. The seed oil is usually available at most mills or farm supply locations.

4. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using a surfactant called LI700, also doubles as a wetting agent. Kind of expensive, but so is drive. I'm thinking of switching to a spreader/sticker.

5. FERT REP

FERT REP LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

Newer Drive labels have been amended to include Lesco spreader sticker as an approved surfactant.

6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Drive has done a poor job at controlling crabs for a 2-3 week period this summer.
    BASF recognizes that Drive fails for a while during crabgrass "middle age". The cuticle gets too tough & waxy around the 2 tiller stage. They're working with collges now for help.

During the 2 tiller stage, MSO offers a 20% increase in efficacy. Still not great. Just better.

The rest of the time, both before & after, conventional spreader stickers will perform equally well.

Steve