1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Drive and Crabgrass?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by carbpow, Nov 8, 2012.

1. carbpow

carbpow LawnSite Member

I have applied Drive XLR8 4 times over the last couple of months on the same crabgrass. It seems to stunt its growth but it sure isn't killing it. I use the recommended label rate and sticker. I make sure it's been at least two days since mowing and wait at least 3 days before mowing. Irrigation is controlled to prevent washing it off the first day or so and then normal irrigation resumes. I even mixed a tracker last time to make sure I was hitting it good. Anybody else had this problem? Is there some kind of bad crabgrass in S. Florida that resists this stuff?

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Are you using the correct non-ionic surfactant with it?

Up north, I've used it and had good-great results with one application with at least 30 days + of residual stunting.

3. carbpow

carbpow LawnSite Member

I use Dyne Amic which is a non-ionic surfactant.

4. Mjcurry3

Mjcurry3 LawnSite Member

Try azulox lol.... Get it from most any dealer besides John Deere. Good luck. 1 oz. per gallon and get it wet.

5. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

You may want to re-read that Asulox label. While you are at it, keep a wary eye out for the DACS inspector. They are focusing on misapplications.

6. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I am seeing a lot of crab grass everywhere. I guess it is because it has been raining everyday. Some fert and spray company's say that they can kill it. I don't know but it is awful grass.