drive belt help please - 52 wright stander RH

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by AboveTheCut, Oct 9, 2012.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

first i need to know how to get to the drive belt on this baby so that i can put it back on and continue mowing. it looks very compact and at first glance i dont have a clue how to get to it.

second problem is that this is not the first time this mower has thrown the drive belt. previous owner said it happened a few times but thought he had fixed it. any ideas why this keeps happening?

thanks, wb
    :angry:

2. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

Page 23 of yer owners manual pretty much explains it. Only the leave out the part about how the h e l l yer supposed to get under it!
    We use chain falls to lift one end up and go from there.
    Somethings up with it throwin belts like that. Take a close look at the idler pulley, make sure it isn't wobbly. Also spin the pump pulleys by hand to make sure they're not wobblin'.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

ok i tried several things but now I simply drop the deck so I can see what the hell is going on and then it isn't easy. It is a real difficult thing to get it over the pulley after you get it in place. If I had one the had that belt coming off frequently i would sell it. Worst service item I havfe ever run into. I was taking it into the shop and they raised itw ith a fork lift and that was still difficult to get it on.

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

We use lifts so it makes it pretty easy on most any machine. The RH isnt too bad. Its tougher than a regular old style fixed deck. New style fixed deck is kind of a pain. Why they changed where the clutch holding pin/wire is located is beyond me...