1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Drive DF

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mmorgan, Mar 11, 2001.

1. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

Has anyone used Drive DF? I have used it for touch up duties when a few sprouts of crabgrass have come through in high watershed areas. I have had good success with it. Anyone else used it? How do you like it? Is there any better products for crabgrass touch up?
  2. Turfdoctor

Turfdoctor LawnSite Member

I have been using Drive since the day it was approved. My biggest use concerns those who insist on "spring seeding". I apply it within 2 weeks after fescue germination. Waxes crab and ok on some broadleaf weeds with no damage to fescue. I wait another 30 days and apply lite dimension app. Made stupid mistake of using surfactant instead of the recommended oil. DRIVE was worhtless with surfactant but great when done according to label. Go figure!
  3. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use drive also. It mixes with just about anything. Michigan State did some testing with drive and they said When they mixed it at half rate with 2-4,d, Three ways, or similar products they when from having a 60-70% kill to having a 80-90% with one app. And that was for broadleaf weeds. It kind of SUPER charges your mix. (That was there quote not mine). It also was one of the only post emergent crabgrass controls that will work on advanced stages of crabgrass. Only draw back is it is expensive.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

How much product will that little $85 bottle make?
  5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

One acre at full strength.