1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Drive in a PG

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Apr 13, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Is there anyone that is spraying drive out of there PG or other low volume sprayer, My concern was its form, and not mixing well in the machine, or not having enough water for the carrier.

I sell a 2nd crabgrass treatment on my program, I have been using acclaim, this works well, very well on crab, but I often have to mix confront for the broadleaf weed control.

From what I hear about drive is it works on both crab and broadleaf, like clover, dand's and other common weeds.

Crabgrass drives me nuts, I use to go around with acclaim and spray at no charge, then it hit me and decided to offer a 2nd treatment (done with rd 2) on my renewals, As of right now I think 80% of my customers has signed up for it.
  2. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Hey Jim,

I have used Drive and it is a great product.
    It is labeled for crabgrass and a number of broadleafs.
    'Stuff aint cheap but its definately worth it.
    Especially if you are able to charge for it.
    Have never sprayed through low volume so I can't comment there.
  3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Jim, been spraying with Drive all week. First time I have used the producted but my dealer tells me it is the way to go. I'm on first apps currently with my PG machine. Dealer said low volume is the way to go anymore so were gioving it a try. I am buying 1pd for $80. How about you?

I like the way it runs, driveways and get around but I am changing a few things. First the gas is terrible to get at. Hard to fill and spill all over. Gas is not cheap anymore! I have a hard time keep idle while stopped. Abjusted here and there but PG compnay says I need to break it in a bit more. I am adding a sprayer wand to the tank to get the hard to reach areas. Finally, it need a kaw or honda engine! Thanks for now and good luck with DRIVE!
  4. ProCutIA1

ProCutIA1 LawnSite Member
    from NW IA

Jeff, Who's your dealer? I know Drive is a postemergent grassy weed herbicide, but does it have a residual in it also? How long does it last?
  5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Drive's pre-emergent activity lasts up to 4 weeks. I wouldn't rely on Drive as a pre. Though it's better than nothing when touching up spring seeded areas during round2.
  6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Ouch, Drive as a PRE? Got to be more expensive than Dimension I'm sure. NIce though to spot treat with in second round for me anyways.
    Haven't ever used it in the PG because of it settling out without agitation and the seed oil needed for better control. Would love to sell it as an add on but doubt the enough would buy it when competitors here are doing it with their service.