1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Drive + Manage on Riviera Bermudagrass

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TMarch, Jul 8, 2005.

1. TMarch

TMarch LawnSite Member

I've been doing a grow in on an athletic field seeded w/Riviera Bermudagrass 38 days ago in Missouri. Been hitting it with ammonium sulfate weekly and most of it is growing in great aside from the weeds and few small bare areas I overseeded 6 days ago which has yet to pop. I've been holding off on a broadleaf treatment for at least another month. I would like to start going after my crab with Drive in the next few days and and take care of the nutsedge at the same time with Manage and also throw in some cheleated Fe. Personally I never have mixed the two together I'd just hate to set back any of my new seed. Any feedback would be great.
  2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I too am nursing along a Riviera seeding at this time. Crab was getting to be a problem, so Drive was applied yesterday. We've had so much rain here, I've been waiting for a 24 hour dry period and finally got it.

Drive won't cause any problems with your seed that hasn't germinated yet, or with the new turf. Drive will also knock out some of your broadleafs as it indicates on the label.

I would hold off on the Manage until all of your seed has germinated. The Manage label indicates that you cannot seed for 7 days after application.
  3. slt40

slt40 LawnSite Member
    from nc

He told me absolutly mix it---same rates as if used seperate---in tall fescue that is.
  4. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Definitely add a surfactant, I would hold off on the manage till the Bermuda is established. Could have a negative impact if still growing in. I would also add a 16-32-16 soluble fert to spoonfeed the roots when spraying iron and drive. Keep the water pouring in and budget Ronstar into your program for next spring Pre-E will help control the goosegrass that will want to invade and ins the only pre-e that will not prune newly established Bermuda,

You might also look into a Humid supplement, does wonders for establishment and long term plant health

Where's your field at in StL?
  5. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Hold off on Manage, but definitely use Drive.