drive out of a perma green?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by steve in Pa., Aug 18, 2004.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

How many thousand sqft do you cover with a gallon of solution. Did you calibrate?
    If you cover about 4000 sqft per gallon you need 4 times 1.45 ounces per gallon. That would be...an easy calculation.

2. MTC314

MTC314 LawnSite Member

Yes I am around 4000 sq feet per gallon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

30k blanket spray with Drive is an expensive app.

4. redsox

redsox LawnSite Member

I don't remember the rate but generally PG's spray 1/3 of a gal per 1ksqf. I would calibrate sprayer and look at label. I haven't used a pg in along time and don't use drive any more. If you are using regular drive or any other quintaclorac use MSO it will work much better.

5. MTC314

MTC314 LawnSite Member

Here are some before and after pics of the crabgrass I sprayed with Drive through the permagreen @ 4.25oz of drive per gallon of water and I added lescos hawkeye. I am pretty happy with the results this is only 5 days after application. Some of the thick areas only the top part of crabgrass took the hit so I will go back in another few days and see what it is doing I may have to touch up a few areas with backpack sprayer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

holy shet batman!!! and now what do you plan to do when 60% of the lawn area is brown dead gone and filling in with every other weed imaginable ?

7. MTC314

MTC314 LawnSite Member

Power Core Aeration and Over Seeding!

8. redsox

redsox LawnSite Member

looks like you got it. I hope you told them it was going to look worse before it looked better..lol

9. MTC314

MTC314 LawnSite Member

Yes, the customer was informed of that ahead of time and understands the process. After the aeration and power seeding is complete and we start our lawn care program it should be looking great by the end of the season. I will post pictures when its done.

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Well what happened? Did it smoke the crabgrass? Injure the grass? Settle out in the tank? Plug up filters? How many sqft did a tank cover? Are you calibrated accurately?

Did you go high speed or double the rate by driving at low speed?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012