1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

drive out of a perma green?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by steve in Pa., Aug 18, 2004.

1. MTC314

MTC314 LawnSite Member

Everything went well, crabgrass is smoked and the good grass is still green and uninjured. There are a few spots where the crabgrass was so thick it only killed the top of the plant so I will respray those areas with a backpack sprayer when I fertilize next week, and knock it out completely. The product was mixed right before the application so nothing settled in my tank and I used all the solution up at the job and then rinsed clean water through my machine to prevent any possible clogging. My machine was calibrated correctly....I was getting a little over 4k sq feet per gallon and I drove in high gear but I overlapped my passes tighter than I normal would for a regular application so I used a few extra gallons of mix. Like I said I am very happy with the results and I will not hesitate to spray drive out of the permagreen in the future if I come across a large property covered with cragbgrass again.
  2. newlymowedlawns

newlymowedlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

Was this the liquid or granular drive you sprayed. Thanks.
  3. MTC314

MTC314 LawnSite Member

Just wanted to follow up and share the final result after the aeration and seeding was performed with fertilization after the crabgrass was killed with drive out of permagreen.

4. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes LawnSite Member
    from NH

That's a hugh improvement. Looks good.
    Posted via Mobile Device