Drive results

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnspecialties, Sep 3, 2007.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I've always used granular herbicides until this year. Of course, I've sprayed glyphosphate but that's about it. For now, I'm just using backpack sprayers with either 3-Way, Sedgehammer, or Drive75.

With the Drive, I'm using 1/3 oz. per gallon. The results I'm seeing are almost always the week after I spray crabgrass, it turns red throughout about 1/2 the plant. But quite often, it still looks healthy, just red and green. Sometimes it dies later, but it sure does seem to take a while.

I think mixing and applying with backpack sprayers is actually harder to figure out than with large amounts such as with tank sprayers. Is the slow performance typical with Drive? Am I not spraying enough on the crabgrass? Do I not have enough surfactant?

Anyone had similar results?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

With Drive, you are going to have mixed results. It all depends on what stage the plant is in. There are certain in between stages that Drive doesn't work.

3. thecompletehome

thecompletehome LawnSite Member

I recently switched to using methylate seed oil (MSO) as my surfactant with Drive 75DF and have seen considerable improvement in my results. I would recommend trying to find some, I had to get it at a local ag supply store.

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks to you both.:)