1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Drive thru?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Apr 16, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ok... kidna a random question here I thought of when sitting in line at Braums...I cant be the only one? Who else here goes through drive thru lines at fast food places with their lawn rigs? I do at Braums (my favorite fast food place), Burger King, and sometimes McDonalds. Would at Dairy Queen, but their drive thru is NOT trailer-compatible, can JUST BARELY get a fullsize truck through there. I don't do it when there are much lines at all, because they would be taking my order, then taking a couple orders from my trailer LOL, but when there is no line I do. So much easier. Plus you don't gotta worry about the weekend warrior mowing next door taking your trimmer or blower while eating inside.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I always go inside, as there is no bathroom at the drive-thru...plus some good AC in the summer. I normally avoid the peak times, I'll stop to eat either before 11:45 or after 1. High noon is just a disaster.
  3. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

I did it today went thru sonic's drive thru but I don't dare do it when theres a line thats why I try to eat when places are the least busy that way I can get in and get out on to the next job. Funny I was thinking about this while I was at the drive thru "am I the only guy that drives through with a trailor?" glad to know I'm not. OH YEAH braums has the best burgers and the milkshakes dang I'm getting hungry
  4. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Everytime I go threw the drive threw for fast food I always think the same thing "Am I the only lco who does this" Sometimes I'll go to my bank and if nobody is there I'll go threw the far right drivethrew....heres the funny part I gotta back out:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:trailer dont fit
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, I went through the drive-thru at the local bank with my little trailer one time. What a mistake. My current trailer is 102" wide and I'd have to get out of the truck anyway to pay and get my food.
  6. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

Same here bank and fast food drive thrus. Ran over the curb at the bank because the trailer was to wide (must of looked like an idiot) lol.
  7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Some places are trailer friendly. Some aren't. When your in a hurry you gotta do what ya gotta do.

You get to know where you can get by with it. I think the cars behind us don't appreciate it much though.

I have had to yell out the window more than one time at the speaker on the sign, "no, my trailer is not hungry" as they try to take the trailers order.:rolleyes:
  8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

lol thats funny. I can see you doing that lmao. You should leave an employee on the rideron the trailer and get him to order something else then people can't be PO'ed lol.

9. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

My F-350 barely fits through many drive-thrus ... let alone pull an 8x18 enclosed trailer through there! And besides ... I always have to shut my truck off so they can hear me (and visa-versa) because I have the Powerstroke!

Gotta love those diesels though! :weightlifter:
  10. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto, I try to avoid drive thrus for the most part.