Drive with Perma Green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rob1325, Jul 14, 2003.

1. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use there Perma Green spreader with Drive to kill crabgrass. I have to use it on a large scale and wondering if anyone applied it this way and if so how were your results. I also have a 300 gallon fiberglass Lesco sprayer but I hate pulling hose around, but will if it didn't work well with Perma Green spreader with you guys.

Thanks for insights!!

Rob

2. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

don't think i'd try it with the perma green spreader for the simple fact that drive really needs some agitation to keep it suspened until sprayed. You won't get that from that perma green tank, plus the low volume usage will probably play havoc with the pump system trying to spray the product. Just my Opinion.

3. You can run anything you want through the PG, but you have to know how much to dilute it.

Some may require you to make 2-3 passes inorder to stay within the label.

Drive will stay suspended long enough to spray it out of the PG, you will need to mix it in a nurse tank that is well agitated before hand, and keep it agitated.

4. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

I need to spray drive xlr8 with my Permagreen magnum as well. The label calls for at least half gallon of water per K. What's my best method to do this?get higher volume nozzles and back off the rate? Or use hi speed nozzle in low gear? Use half rate and go twice? Trying to control crabgrass on lawn. It's over an acre so don't want to backpack it

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Simple thing to do is accidentally apply your usual amount of water--with the proper amount of XLR8. Include surfactant MSO, (or similar). The Dept of Ag and so forth will not usually give you any trouble over that.
    My second choice is go over twice at half-rate, (so you get enough water applied).

On a call likes this.
  6. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Pull the hose my friend it's really not that bad

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I found it is usually possible to design a bypass agitation system by adding nozzles to the return flow tube inside the tank. Use 3/8 inch vinyl tubing. Add a tee if you want two nozzles.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  8. On a call

On a call LawnSite Bronze Member

I did what Riggs mentioned above. It worked for me....that crabgrass was a PIA this season.

9. Jesse08

Jesse08 LawnSite Member

I will second that one of the worst years I can remember for crabgrass here in MN.