Drive75 questions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Cubguy, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Cubguy

Cubguy LawnSite Member

What is the shelf life of Drive75 once mixed if kept sealed up and out of sunlight? Also, is the seed oil really better than the lesco sticker?

Thanks,
    Cubguy

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure about the shelf life but interested as well.

As for the surfactant, I use a couple of teaspoons of Joy dishwashing liquid. :confused:

3. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

The deal with the seed oil is allows the drive to act as a preemergent. It allows the herbicide to coat the leaf and also go down into the soil for preemergent qualities. If you do not care about the preemergent qualities -- just use a regualar sticker spreader.

4. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

During a drought or especially in the 2-3 week period where crabs start producing seeds, the MSO makes a HUGE difference. The rest of the year you probably wouldn't notice much difference in post-emergent efficacy. BUT>>>

Drive is intended to also provide some pre-emergent action. A STICKING agent makes the active stay on the leaves. MSO breaks the leaf cuticle for better post emergent action. But it also permits the Drive to work down toward the soil where it sets up the barrier.

MSO is cheap & works better. Get some & you won't be disappointed.

5. Cubguy

Cubguy LawnSite Member

I want to thank everyone for the good info!

Cubguy

6. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Always used Lesco Sticker with excellent results. It breaks the cuticle very well, breaks the surface tension of the finished product to spread it over the leaf better. Was never able to find MSO consistantly.

As far as shelf life goes, 72 hours was always my limit. Mix what you'll use and no more.

7. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Because Lesco doesn't sell it. Valley Green, Helena, UAP, etc all do.

Mark my words that for 2-3 weeks every year MSO works MUCH better with Drive than an 80/20 suractant like Lesco has. Honest.

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I don't use MSO oil, but I use Microyl crop oil. Works great and compared to Drive it is cheap. About $9.00 per gallon.