Driver side trimmer rack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr_Marc, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

I have the peco trimmer rack passenger side mounted works great. I also have the Trimmer trap trap mounted driver side, works great also. Problem is I'm looking for a driver side mounted rack that the trimmer and edger will mount with the power head to the front.

Any ideas??

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Because it would just be backwards to have the engine facing front on the drivers side.

You'd have to switch hands to mount it.

3. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

No I'm right handed. The reason I ask is when it's raining I like to put a glad bag on the head's to keep the water out of the air cleaner's, when trailering and or sitting in the weather.

4. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

We used to put our powerheads to the front untill we realized that rocks were hitting them that the truck picked up. We put our powerheads to the rear now. One drawback about having the racks on the drivers side is that it puts you out in the traffic more often to get a piece of equipment.

5. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Traffic I can deal with as we work mostly in gated communities. It's the soaking rain we have been getting that is starting to tweak my melon.

Anyone got any ideas?

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

My Echos never complain about rain, but usually when it rains here, I'm done for the day, and they have overnight to dry.

With you down in Florida, HEAVY rain is an everyday occourance, so maybe they don't like getting rained on.

Mine seem rather waterproof, as the intakes are pointed DOWN. It would take a LOT of highway spray and splashing to get my filter elements wet.

7. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

That's why I'm looking for a driver side rack that will allow me to keep the heads to the front with a bag on them. If reversed the bags either blow off or get destroyed or do the parachute thing collecting water.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Get rid of the Peco, and get a 3 or 4 place TrimmerTrap for the passenger side. You only list 2 trimmers and an edger. Thats only a 3 place?

What happens when they DO get wet? Everything on my trailer is waterproof as far as I know. And highway driving in POURING rain is the only thing that I can think of that would worry me. Do you highway it a lot or something?

9. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Highway driving = Yes I have the peco 3 place rack on the passenger side, and I have also added some new equipment just have not updated my profile yet.

I also have a south paw working weekends. Not that that matters but it woul make it easier on him. :blob2:

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

My trimmer rack is on the driver side. I like it like that. Heads are facing the front.