Driveway alternatives to concrete

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by slowleak1, Aug 22, 2012.

1. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I am coming up on my last project at my new house, and that is the driveway. I definitely don't want to go concrete, but I want the clean edge that concrete would give between the driveway and grass.

I'm a rookie to hardscaping, so my ears are open and I welcome any advice.

Im in new orleans, LA if that makes a difference as far as soil or whatever. Dimensions would be 10' wide by 110' long. There is a concrete recycling place not even 5 minutes from me, they also sell different kinds of gravel, so I was leaning towards a gravel drive. I have a large skid loader (kubota svl90) and a bobcat 337 mini x. Also have access to compactors. So just need a little guidance.

Thanks in advance.

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Blacktop or pavers
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TaylorCustomScapes

TaylorCustomScapes LawnSite Member

What does the house look like?

4. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I will upload some pics later on today. I should also add that I want to stay somewhat cheap, and whatever I use must be able to withstand the weight of various trucks and trailers; including the trailer that carries the mini x and skid loader.

I sound like one of those stupid homeowners that I hate:hammerhead:

5. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

Put a concrete border say 16inches by 6inches thick. With 2 number 4 bars cont. Stamp it if you please, fill the center with either brown or gray 57 stone.
    Posted via Mobile Device