driveway apron we did

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JRS Landscaping, Sep 14, 2008.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

it was my first one. the first contractor screwed it up and never put in a rock subbase, just sand so it would sink and washout a little everytime it rained hard. so we fixed it right. enjoy the pictures

093 small.jpg

2. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks alright!....I personally would have preffered tigher joints. Maybe tap the edges in a bit better cause the first plow that runs over it and theyre gone. Use any poly meric or just straight sand? Nice stones.
  3. JRS Landscaping

polymetric sand
  4. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think that's the right block for the application. I think a more uniform paver would fit better with all the linear shapes... ie the concrete sidewalk and curbing. The random nature of the paver you chose makes it seem a little sloppy.

The install isn't bad though... it would look really nice as a patio or walkway with turf bordering it.
  5. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, just doesnt look right.
  6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Looks Ok I guess just dont like how everything lines up..
  7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Was that stone there already? You just pulled it up and re-layed it?
    Looks like you could have turned everything 90 degrees? lined up the soldier course on the outside and run everything else perpendicular to the way they lay??
    I would have liked to see what it looked like before. cant really say if it is better or worse.
  8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

its always the guys that show up to work the first day with brand new clean boots from walmart you have to keep a eye on. any one else notice that.
  9. JRS Landscaping

they wanted belgium block, i agree pavers would have looked better
  10. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

big 10 - 4 ....