1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway Extention/Walkway Install. With Pic's

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by RedWingsDet, Apr 1, 2005.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well. This is not my first paver install, but this is the best one ive done, and it only gets better from here on out.

Heres a before pic:

2. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

heres a middle pic

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

Heres the extention/walkway
    [​IMG] installed.

4. Residential Recreation

Residential Recreation LawnSite Member

great profit for one days worth of work im movin back to michigan jk :cool2:

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

LOL. ya man. It turned out awesome. Now I just have to wait for the sod farm to start cutting their sod so I can install it at this place and be done :cool2:

6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

how much you charge>? I need that at my place.

7. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

$1050

Then I got another job laying sod where you see the dirt. Another $800 for that, and the sod will only cost $26, yes I said $26. But I do have to use the tiller and till it up and do some other prep work.

But sense as soon as I said I'd nock some cash off if he wanted it done soon, he said "lets do it", and I started the next day. and its $1750 for the whole job

8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Your install looks great but I'm still trying to figure out where the walkway goes.Seems a little out of place. Again, looks great, not questioning the work, just questioning why the guy wanted a walk right next to a drive, don't see it leading to steps.

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

thank you... oh and your right, its nots leading to the steps, but he also wanted it so when passengers got out, they were not stepping in the grass/snow

10. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I guess that makes sense, but the good part is whether it goes somewhere or nowhere you get paid the same!!!