Driveway make over

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by LoweJ82, Dec 23, 2011.

1. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

Had a customer call that wanted his driveway dressed up a little for a party they was having, Didn't want much done just a little more parking space and for it to look a little better.

What he had......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LoweJ82

So we had 15 ton road pack hauled in and we brought in about 4 ton of stone to dress up the edge and help hold it in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice use of the stones along the edge and a good idea to keep the road pack in.

4. LoweJ82

Thanks, Homeowner just wanted it to be quick and cheap the larger stones was already on site so we had to gather them up. Was in and out in under 3 hrs including unloading and loading machine.

5. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Always nice to see someone do quality work
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Grass Man93

Grass Man93 LawnSite Member

Looks good. How do you like your Skid steer?

7. LoweJ82

Its pretty nice to have, I picked it up and a truck to pull it with as soon as I got started. I have used it from the basics to pushing over trees/clearing brush, tearing out concrete, building atv jumps & berms pushing snow I could go on & on hell I even got paid to move cow poop.

Of course Id like to have a nice new machine with a cab but this is paid for and has paid for its self a few times plus its pretty simple machine when needing worked on, Shes got just over 2300 hours and will still spin all four tires on dry dirt if you try and push up on a tree. I wouldn't go to much in debt unless the machine will make is monthly payments plus the cost of running including repairs/maint

8. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Why not buy plexi glass and retro fit a cab.

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Good idea. Or even Lexan, it wont scratch up as bad as plexiglass.

10. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

what did you use to roll or compact the driveway?