Driveway

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Green Acres, Jan 16, 2011.

1. ok4me2xlr8

ok4me2xlr8 LawnSite Member

I would have just repaved what was there. But it is not mine. Looks nice though.

2. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks quite a bit steeper in the last picture..

3. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

In the second set of pictures you can see the neighbors driveway. We just basically copied what he had.

4. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have any in between pics?

5. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

the house looks a lot better but the front yard is going to be hard to landscape so the curb appeal is still there. With a 8 foot retaining wall of stamped concrete. that will eventually crack and show all the sagging marks. I would have done a wall block retaining wall and kept the driveway lower to where it was originally. Its sorta ugly to not see the whole front of the house.

Maybe its just the angle of the picture.

Nice construction just would have done it differently. Your the one making money and getting jobs like this so congrats. Make the customer happy and thats all you need to do..

6. Green Acres

The wall is only 4' tall. The owners did the landscaping and sod and it looks pretty good. We tried block retaining wall but this is what they wanted. Every one on here says its going to crack. Probably, but think about what your house is sitting on, the exact same thing.

7. Green Acres

Here's some more pics.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

SO you poured a concrete wall Then put the stone up? Thanks

9. Green Acres

The stone look comes from a liner we put inside of the form. Then when you pull the forms off the stone look is there. It's all concrete. We colored the concrete and then sealed it to get that dark brown look.

10. dtriv89

dtriv89 LawnSite Member

It probably will crack, but everyone seems to be forgetting that this is a service business, we're working for the client. If one of my clients wanted something like this, I'd try to talk them into something different but if they didn't go for it, why walk away from the job if you can do it? It's not really my taste but came out good