droid apps

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CLARK LAWN, Dec 20, 2010.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i may be getting a droid in the next week or so. are there any good apps for use in lawncare,mowing snow plowing, etc...? i found a bunch i like for iphone, the guy at verizon told me that most are also on verizon just under a different name.

2. JDT Property Care

JDT Property Care LawnSite Member

I recently got a droid and have been looking.... no luck yet... if you have any, please let me know. Thanks!

3. All Season Lawn Care

All Season Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Which apps on the iphone have you liked that you can't find for the droid?

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

UGA has a turf program for the iPhone abd Blackberry but that won't help you much...since its web based it may work but you will need to contact them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a nice mulch calculator. Its a think $4.00

6. CLARK LAWN

shoeboxed is a good one, they have one that uses GPS to mark the time you were at a location, one that will identify plants,weeds and trees.

7. CLARK LAWN

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

9. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you get the droid and if so did you (or anyone else) find any good applicable apps?

10. jbungard1856

jbungard1856 LawnSite Member

Something I have found cool about the smartphones is they have a barcode scanner in them. You can create whats called a QR and you can put all your company info into the code. The QR code is a new form of UPC code. I plan on getting this years business cards printed with the QR code on the back of the card. This way people can use their smartphones to scan it and it will be put right into their phone. They can dial your number, visit your website, like you on facebook or whatever!!!