1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Drop in sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by philk17088, Feb 4, 2004.

1. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone know the name of the company that makes a 12 volt sprayer that drops into the hopper of a spreader and has two nozzles? I've seen it but can't remember who makes it.:confused:

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Philk17088 I belive what your looking for is made by Gregson Clark it's called a Spreader-Mate

I don't know if you recive turf but if you do and you still have it the ad is in the March 03 issue of TURF North

And if ya want the site i can pm you with it or you can pm me

Hope i helped ya out

3. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Rob!

I knew I wasn't dreaming!

4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Check out the tanks by Perma Green. Smaller volume, but you can still use the spreader for granular apps.

5. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I have read advertisements about drop in sprayers in many trade publications.While the unit looks functional and promising for small applications, I would like to know if it works. I have considered purchasing one in the past, but have always held off.

Do any of the applicators on this forum own a drop in or has anyone used one. I would love to hear from someone with knowledge of how this unit works on an actual job.

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ok now i have a question those look good for a small lawn but what if you have a big prop and don't have a tank unit in your truck or have one of those rid on machines?? Do you or would you sub it out to a friend or another company?? Thanks

It kinda just hit me to ask i personally don't touch fert(no Lic) and i don't want to get in trouble

7. G&S LANDSCAPING

G&S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

:D I have a drop in sprayer made by clark, For two years now, Works great- 12 volt. I use it in a Lesco self propeled spreader. I purchased a extra battery with it. It has been prolbem free, Just do regular cleaning of the tank, and screens in the nozzles.

8. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one a few years ago, used it for two days and went back to my back back sprayer until I bought a truck mounted spray unit the following week. In my experience it took me more time to fool around with putting it in and out of my spreader, cleaning out the spreader each time I used it and also it was very top heavy which made it very difficult to use on hilly lawns and lawns with alot of tree roots or bumpy terraine. I think it was a great machine and worked just fine, it just was not convienent for me.

9. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I meant to say back pack sprayer (not back back)

10. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

Discovery.....do you still have the unit? If so I am from eastern Ohio....Maybe we could talk deal. Let me know.