Drop the this account???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

About a month ago we picked up this account that a large company was doing. The homeowner said they were in there and out in five minutes and he wasn't satisfied. So anyways, the guy asked us to bag, and cut part of his yard a different height. So after the second week this guy is praising our work and was very happy. Then comes the fourth week. He was complaining that we cut his lawn shorter this time and caused his lawn to brown out. First off we have our mowers set and never change them, one shorter and two higher. Secondly, the logical reason why it browned out is that it hasnt rained in nearly two weeks and its been 100 degrees for the past week. So were considering dropping him if he continues to be a pain. What should we do, i dont know if hes worht our time.

2. Is it M. Silverman? Loose him like a bad habbit

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

he is out like the fat kid in dodge ball:blob3:

4. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

No its not him, by the way what part of stl are you based out of?

5. Shop is in Bridgeton, work in Creve Coeur, Ladue, Chesterfield, Frontinac, Hazelwood, Town and Country, Ballwin, Ollivette, U City, Clayton, Maryland Heights plus a few other areas...

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Have you explained to him about your mowing height and the lack of rain?

If you have explained it too him, just ride it out for another week or two and if he is still complaining then drop them.

I usually give customers 3 strikes and they are out.

7. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

TEIDEMAN

I work on 2 STRIKES plan myself.

KINGBMAN I'd explain to client that HE HAS TO WATER and count this as STRIKE ONE!

Mike

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

true sometimes I use one strike or two..it just depends on whether it is a slider or knuckleball...maybe a curve..ahh what the heck a fastball.

I guess what it comes down to is how much THAT current situation is a pain in the a@@. If it is something minor just ride it out, but if it is major that stressed you out and causes problems for you and your crew just move on to another customer.

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Would it hurt to finish the season at least?

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

did he sign a contract to start with