Dropping a floor

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Dec 5, 2012.

1. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

this is a little off line of the thread, but... what kind of money does somebody have to have in order to do this to a building vs putting up a new one of finding a location better suited to the intended use? It almost looks like you've taken a very well built multi use building and turned it in to a big single use warehouse.. something that seems it would take the value to reuse for a different owner down by more than half.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

To build a building like this with an open concept would be in the 3-5 million dollar range, the former company went broke and all assests including this property were seized, and sold. So this building was sold for cheap, way less than fair market value. So what ever gets done to it is worth it as buying the equivalent or building new is not worth it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. bobcat_ron

More progress, all the walls are down and clean up is a PITA with the amount of rebar we have to deal with.
    I made a new friend, his name is Mr. Mister, he blows air and a small water pump sprays water in the air.
    It's totally portable with only 110V power needed and a water hose to fill the tank every 90 minutes.
    [​IMG]

I got a start on the wall with a huge damn hammer, that was LOUD, and it proved why I had to use the "nibbler", those walls don't like being pushed on.
    [​IMG]

Nibbling through and down 7 walls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was the only wall to stay up, a goof in the design of the building.
    [​IMG]

4. bobcat_ron

Completed project, a bit of clean up here and there, but other wise it's done.
    2 big end dumps were brought in to load out the trusses, stair cases and support beams. The steel cladding was punched into 2 40 yard roll off bins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another 18 loads of concrete went out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will NOT miss that Bobcat. :nono:

5. DodgeD300DumpTruck

DodgeD300DumpTruck LawnSite Member

Ron do you have any vids of that job
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. bobcat_ron

I do, but I will put them together later.

7. bobcat_ron

2 pics of the battering ram on the Bobcat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. bobcat_ron

9. bobcat_ron