drought #2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Jul 31, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

wellwe had our rain ,shoot almost a half in in places. now we into another drought. . the one u kinda expect in august. this aint over yet im afraid.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear that AW.. Things were looking pretty slim here 'til this past weekend (rained finally).. Now things are greening up and growing again. But no rain since and none in the near future.

Hope things get better real fast for you!!!

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I live a short drive from Marks so I agree, this sucks. All the non-irrigated lawns I have greened up very nice last week, now no rain again and 3 straight days with the high 99 degrees.

23 of the 31 days in July were above 90 degrees.

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

This is getting crazy. Beginning of July, we bounced out of our first dry spell. Had 10 straight afternoons of soaking t-storms, grass greened up and could actually tell where I was mowing. Then the hot weather came and 10 days with no rain. Yards are getting back to the toast stage. Living in the mountains, these cool season grasses can't tolerate temps in the 80's. We've been pushing 90 all week. Time to break out the golf clubs.

LAWNS AND MOWER

5. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

I hear you. Here in Ohio we had a bad period and then got about 1/2 in last friday. Next 5 day 90 s plus and not rain. I guess we won t be mowing next week.