1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

drought already

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CHAN, Apr 1, 2004.

1. CHAN

CHAN LawnSite Member
    from AL.

Here in southeast alabama we are already in a drought. We got our only shower for the month yesterday and it was only .3 inches for the month of march. On the news tonight they said that at the airport they had .38 in. and that was for the month where we usually get 4 in. and they said that for the 50 yr. that they had been keeping records that this was the driest march on record for here. We usually dont have much from april 10th to the last of may. Looking bad for this year here right now none in the forcast for next 7 days. Beter turn on the sprinkler or not and save gas.
  2. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

here in Va its been raining all week calling for it till sunday to bad i cant send some your way
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

last year up here we had a bad drought for May which is really unusal, but go figure, July was one of the wettest on records.

I hope that everything works out good for you done there and you get some rain.
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

no drought here, yet, still have a very little amount of snow to melt yet.
  5. pbm

pbm LawnSite Member

it is dry here Downunder too
  6. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Dang wriken, you still got snow up Harrison/Clare way? Man, we had all ours melt down Owosso/Flint way over a month ago. I know I saw it snowed down Detroit way last week but we missed it. My folks property definitely needs a cutting next week for sure as does my grandmothers. I was really expecting not to be cutting anything until mid-late April but the warmer weather has made the growing process begin earlier than I expected.
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

CT had a dry winter...but it rained today and yesterday. Hopefully we will continue and have a wet summer like last year. I know alot of people on here ***** about the how wet last summer was..but I would much rather cut in the rain than not cut at all.