Drought and gas costs are hurting my wallet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tinkerer, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Well this year I bought my Toro 266-H tractor and many attachments from one customer and still have $400 worth of mowing to do to pay it off. The last time I mowed his lawn was july 9th and he said to wait. I bartered a 16' car hauling trailer from another customer,, for $300, it needed a the wood floor replaced. Its now paid off. And another customer forwarded me $600 to help me buy the 94 F250HD. I'm doing very little grass mowing right now so very little lawn income is coming in right now. I think the cost of gas has even lessened the amount of hours and tips I bring in in my evening job delivering pizza.
  2. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

Drought down here in the South as well. Has affected my net considerably also. Price of gas has taken a toll too. I guess we just try to hang on and hope for a better growing season next year. My first 3 years were very good and I have been preparing for such a year as this, but still it is pretty hard on the business.........try to hang in there and hope for better times.

Looks like you are prepared for some winter work with the snowblowing equipment. Good luck with the winter snow. I don't have to worry about snow down here so I just kinda lay low through the winter.
  3. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried snow plowing with my Toro GM and its too much of a pain to do especially after a cold front has come through when the snow is done. Both my trucks are 2wd. Some day down the road I will make a go at plowing after I get a decent 4wd truck.