drought go away.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by timmac, Aug 15, 2007.

1. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I have only mowed 2 yards the last 2 weeks. Some of my yards haven't been mowed in 1 month. when will the drought go away. luckily I do this on the side.

2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Its bad I know....I was just saying in another post that NE Ala. Tenn, and NW Ga are getting it with no grease....All I need is a half inch to get my through the fall....Any body else almost scalping yards again????....I have been cutting all my lawns down to 1.5 inches...all but those that are being watered and are still looking good...still trying to cut those at over 3 inches just to keep the green on them......

3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Oh, and if we dont get any rain, this is our last week of mowing until we do get rain.....

4. timmac

my last week was 2 weeks ago.

5. LawnMowerMan3875

LawnMowerMan3875 LawnSite Member

Don't feel bad guys, Its here in Mo. also....suppose to rain tomorrow night, but we all know not to trust the weather man/woman....

Time for me to go to the backyard and do my Indian Rain Dance again...lol

Lawnmowerman3875

6. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

No rain here in Missouri since some time in July. We've got a 30% chance of t-storms tomorrow afternoon and evening, with a high of 100 degrees. Everything is dry and dusty. I've got two contracts on a military installation that require a minimum of two cuts per month. I made the first cuts the 2nd and 3rd of the month. I went out and checked today and they have not grown a bit, not even the weeds. Glad I don't have any equipment payments.

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was in your town today, it sure is dry.. and HOT !!!
    Visited with Cirrus and had some lunch at Momo's.....
    I sure hope you get some rain in this state, its not good at all right now......

8. timmac

how did you like our small town? it is brown and dry isn't it. heat index was 109 today at 6:00.

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Not only are things hot, dry and dieing, we had the third highest ozone level on record today (202) they told healthy people to stay inside until after sunset.

It is getting pretty bad when you are a prisoner in your own house, we are killing our own environment.

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sure is a nice town, dry and hot also with out a doubt...
    It was 114 on the truck thermometer when we left a dealer this afternoon......