1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Drought monitor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBrother, May 29, 2007.

1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

but thats not even the whole story. here in DC we are a couple inches below rain fall norms....and toasty warm to boot...
  3. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

I was starting to worry beginning of last week, but since Thursday we have gotten over 2", and they're calling for more later this week. Starting to get annoying as it's getting harder to find time to get all my accounts done already.

I'll do my best to send some down your guy's way!!!
  4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

need one day of slow steady rain. about 1-2" worth...I wish it was that easy to order....
  5. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in D3.....extreme
  6. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

We had it bad last year in East Texas. Some lakes were 8 to 9 feet below normal. We have been having some rain almost every day for the last week, and are about 6" above normal for this time of the year.
  7. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. Dulles Airport had 0.24 inches of rain since May 1 as of Sunday noon. It did rain a little Sunday evening however, which brought the total up to 0.34 inches for the month. The normal should read 3.94 inches.

Reagan National is at 0.94.

BWI is at 1.75 for the month.
  8. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I am in the Extrene zone myself but we have had bout an inch and a hlf in the last two days.... I will take all we can get... I was told last nigh ttaht we are 11" behind for the year.
  9. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Hotlanta, we are over 11 inches in down from where we should be, I saw on the evening news that Lake Okeechobee in Fl, is the worst ever. Pray for rain.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic