drought,recession and the impact on your income??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by augs dad, Feb 11, 2002.

1. augs dad

augs dad LawnSite Member

Parts of the country have been in a prolonged drought as many of you painfully know.

1. What % of your revenue has been adversely affected the past year or so as a result?

2. What fall back work do you in a drought AFTER you have done
    all the clean up, edging, plant trimming and barking?

3. Depending on your clientele, have you lost much business due to the slow economy?

4. I'm new in the business and because of recent minor surgery will not get things rolling until later in March or early April. I have some accts already lined up but will this later start handcuff me for the rest of the season?

Sorry for the long post but you guys have been sooo... helpful!

Thanks very much...Gary in Central PA

2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

1. 9/11/01 - affected our company in Sept. for the 2 weeks after the incident. We barely did anything but our weekly maintenance. Sales for that month were drastically down.

2. ?

3. Haven't felt any fall back yet really...

4. Once there comitted to you... they are gonna expect quality service all year around. So once your in... your IN.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am forecasting a lot of overseed jobs, but just my opinion. I just purchased a slit seeder, I hope my forecast is correct!

MATT

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

2000 we had a bad drought but it really have very little impact. The economy or more 9/11 hurt biz from the fact that everyone just stopped doing anything. But, it hasn't been enough to really worry me.

5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

The best defense against this is a savings and investment plan. Credit can help, but it's better to manage money so credit gets used only when necessary.