Drove 2400 miles to buy a mower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Mar 14, 2004.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Not me! I sold my 97 GH to a fellow I meet on another forum. The only problem was ,he lived 1200 miles away. He insisted that he wanted it. So, he and his partner drove from Minnesota to my house in Delaware. He said that he couldn't find another mower like I was selling anywhere else. Thats got to make for a long weekend!

2. groundhog-uk

groundhog-uk LawnSite Member

jeez he didnt have to pay u for it as well did he:D

3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

This is kind of funny to me because I am selling one of my cars to a guy from Minnesota. He and his brother are driving to Texas to pick it up right now. The funny thing is it is not a rare car or anything, its just a '97 eclipse gst. I guess they don't have much around them.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Reminds me of a truck I bought out of New Jersey, paid $750 above the sticker price to have them deliver it...I got a great deal

5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i'm driving from new jersey to oklahoma to buy a trailer. 20 hours each way.

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I drove from mid michigan to almost Iowa for a race sled, got a heck of a deal.

7. Goble's Lawn Service

Goble's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Did they say where they were from in minnesota and what kind of mower was it (curious sp?)

8. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

To save how much is worth 1-2-3 days of travel. Got to cost $ for food, lodging, and especially gas.

9. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Alot of people use it as an excuse to take a vacation also.

10. SUPERIOR Lawn Design

SUPERIOR Lawn Design LawnSite Member

I drove from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale 2 winters ago to pick up a 88' Ford Bronco 4X4... (rust free) Almost didn't come back... Hence the E-bay generation...