drove a 332 today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Oct 10, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

And let my cat dealer rest easy won't be trading down anytime soon. Not that the power or anything like that is bad, but as a landscaper who gets in and out a lot there is NO WAY I'm getting myself in and out of that contraption on a regular basis. it's comfortable enough once you're inside but the journey in it awful. AND man was it loud.

2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I have big feet and I always thought they were a little cramped in that area along with the window seeming so close. I agree with you on the cab noise.

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

What he said. Honestly that was the number one reason I gave up on NH.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i didnt like the cab either, im a young skinny guy and its hard for me to get in and out of. if you want a machine that really can work, hog dirt, lift and push like a dozer the 332 is leaps and bounds over the cat. my cat rep is going to send me a 299c to run and i dont think it will out work my deere.

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Geez, now all you nuts are finally starting to figure out why I hate Deere so damn much!?!?!

6. Digdeep

I always thought that their best machines were the rebranded New Holland machines.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They were, I liked them back then. I really, really liked them. Seriously, bigger cabs.

I'm not bullsh*ing you!

Seriously!

Cereal!

8. Digdeep

And then...out popped the 200 Series...ouch. I always like the advertisement that JD put out after the 200 Series had been out about a year.."over 100 engineering changes".

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i think you all are a punch of skirt wearing school girls worried to much about creature comforts. i would sit on a effing plastic milk crate covered from head to toe in dust in 100 degree heat listening to a open exhaust Detroit diesel before i would purchase a less productive machine.

10. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

you may be surprised on how the 299 will run....i was surprised how it ran my first time in it....sometimes being comfortable will make you more productive...but when you are used to screaming motor noise and loud hydraulics it feels like production....i sold jd for 5 years and always thought many of the machines were strong but when trying to sell to competition it was tough to get past many of the spartan features. but regardless of my thoughts it is always nice to have other machines out there to compare and get feedback on what you guys really want. good luck.