1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Drove New Toro G3 and GrandStand!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AdamChrap, Oct 16, 2008.

1. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

I got to drive the new Toro G3 (Mid Mount Gas Z) and it is much faster then the old ones, I'd say 11-12 mph like my Diesels. Lots of other good little things they did and very low tot he ground. The best thing I think is they no longer hang the deck by chains, It is a solid system (that still floats) I have no idea how to explain it other then to see it. It keeps the deck firmly in position say on the side of a hill?

I also got to drive the new GrandStand and let me tell you some thing, WOW!!
    This thing is awesome! They really hit a home run here. I had it on a hill and when a wright or dane would normally start feathering in the front and I would find myself with one foot on the machine (to keep it running) and one off the back (to stop the front from going up in the air) kinda hopping along I simply steeped off and walked it up!!! The biggest surprise to me is even in the riding mode hanging off the back I think it did better on the hill thane a wright and I am 6'2" 260lbs, That is allot of weight hanging off the back. They told me if you want they will offer weights for the front to make that even better for bigger guys since they designed it for a operator weight of 180-220.
    I got pics of both and will post then tonight.
  2. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

please posts the pics! I've heard positive and negative reviews about the grandstand.
  3. hillbilly_lawnboy

hillbilly_lawnboy LawnSite Member

we wanna see please
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds great. Can't wait to see those pics!

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

I read after such bad press about the first try of the grandstand they revamped it. Id also like to see a picture of it.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

yea lets see some pics
  7. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

8. AdamChrap

Here is the G3

9. AdamChrap

and the GrandStand!!!!!

10. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!! i bet there going to be like $10,000.00 cause toro is so damn expensive.