1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

drug tests

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by E-man, Mar 12, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i think its none of our bussiness what people do on there own time.
    no testing until they screw up .
    a person who enjoys a little weed after work shouldnt get fired just because he cant pass a piss test and dont screw up.
  2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

YES, in a "Drug-Free" school zone.

At a school which is currently my largest contract at almost $1000.00 per lawn cutting.

I told him to put it away and he laughed in my face. I told him I would call the police and he said "go ahead."

So I did. The cops came and found only seeds on him. No arrest.

This turkey has been warned before. Now he's toast.

3. powerreel

powerreel Banned

:confused: ??? You let anyone under your command laugh @ you? Then call cops to do your dirty work? Why would you even let your logo be associated with that jazz? You need to learn command and control..... I would walk my sites for plants if he had seeds on him and knew beans about hort.....
    We test for insurance reasons and do DOT physical, not random- if anything occurs I am good @ getting to the bottom of things.
    Lot's of Hort people smoke pot, it's a plant. ;)
  4. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

No kidding!

Laugh at me to my face and that will be the last thing you do as an employee of Stonehenge BP&L. Smoke pot on the job and you'll need to pull my boot from your ___ before you get into your car to go home.