1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

druming up business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by corey1977, Jun 12, 2006.

1. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

:walking: I have noticed a lot of over grown lawns in my area do you guys think its ok to mail people a business card in the mail I dont like to put them in doors or mail boxes because I would have to go on to there poperty unvited tell me what you guys think about my meathod?
  2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

I've picked up 3 residentual and 1 commercial account this year,my first, by simply stopping at nice looking places with ragged lawns and dropping off a flyer.
  3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Any time I need work, I stop the truck, walk up to the door and knock. Its much more personal than a card in the mail, and you can give an estimate right then and there. Save the other guy from getting to them first. We get more work from knocking than from any other form of advertising. just my 6 cents.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Methods above work but some people prefer a softer approach and if you draft a short letter (SHORT!) explaining your personal service and business you may get a call or 2.
    Some of those overgrown lawns are people that you don't want to work for anyway. Good Luck.