dry again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlyons1, Jun 13, 2008.

1. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

hey guys it is getting very dry but we did get rain today will help a little just wondering if it is dry where your at?

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

it is very wet here with ALOT of flooding everywhere. it's good for profits though.

3. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

We seem to get really hot weather during the week, and thunderstorms on weekends. Last weekend we had a few tornados. Starting to lightning right now...
    I just hope the tornados stay away. lol. I enjoy watching thunderstorms:rolleyes:

-Adam:canadaflag:

4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Its starting to get very dry here. We have had some nightly thunderstorms but they just put it down hard for about 10 minutes. We are around 5 inches below "normal rainfall" for this area already this year. I have already had some customers call with the dreaded "its to dry to mow this week".

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Nah the sprinkler systems are puffing dust and we piss in our radiators on hot days but other than that it's really not bad.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I only cut one yard this week. Very little rain in a month in a half. Well over 5 inches down for the year. Enough to make you nauseated. 1000's of $ down the drain. 100 degree temps killed what grass was left

7. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I only cut 1 yard today. Did some clipping and cleanup that took about 7 hrs today and yesterday. My yards are dry..... No sprinkler systems.

8. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

we get rain here just about every other night. its kind of depressing to see how bad some people are suffering from lack of rain and we get the perfect amount to keep grass lush and green. ...oh well. yay illinois

9. lostmdboy

lostmdboy LawnSite Member

Not a drop of rain here in weeks. You walk across the lawns and it just crunches. :(

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

We have had a very light rain here this evening. Just about a day ago a couple miles north of my town they had about 10 inches of rain in just 6 hours. Luckily we didn't get that cause we have had plenty.