dry applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ladylawncare, Jan 19, 2004.

1. ladylawncare

ladylawncare LawnSite Member

I am currently having a broadcast spreader mounted to my 36 toro walk behind Spreader is manf. by JRCO. Even though it takes more time, I have alwas been more confident when fert. lawns 1/2 and 1/2 two directions to avoid streaking.
    I want to try and do some fert/pre-emerg specials later this year late feb/march (yes I have my license ins etc...) Going to use a Lesco product fert with preem. Question: I have always been concerned with broadcasting herbicides. I purchased the sheild
    with the spreader to avoid flower beds & the neighbors yard etc... Also anyone use a fert with post such as confront? I plan on using the sheild to apply a strip around the outsied of the property at 1/2 rate go over that 2x the use that area as a boarder to apply the rest of the material within at 1/2 rate 2 directions to avoid streaking and over app. of the pre-emerge. ..
    Thanks Sue

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you have a good plan.

3. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

You can still streak doing it your way, YOU must learn to apply the product correctly go ahead and do it once, be careful and take your time, read the label, follow directions.
    Be careful spreading weed control around beds use you sheild but remember to lower the rate cause weed control will burn way before fert will

4. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure your spreader is throwing an even amount to the left and the right sides. This is what will streak a lawn quicker than anything else, beccause unless you calibrate you won't know it is happening.

EG