Dry Creek Bed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Cooter, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

My neighboring town has contacted me about spraying a dry creek bed for them, with a total vegetation killer. They had a guy from American Beauty or what not, do it yearly, but has since retired. This has some large riff raff along it, and some difficult to access areas also. Approximately 20' wide down both sides and 2300' long. I have never sprayed anything like this before. What would be the easiest way of spraying this? That is my main concern. I own a Space Saver sprayer, and a couple backpacks. Is there a different gun I could use on the sprayer to spray 10-15'? Also would the small spot sprayers you can get at the farm stores be compatible with a spray gun like that?

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be concerned about run-off into the water streams that are around there. Check with you local DOA to see about spraying in run-off areas.

3. Cooter

from NE Iowa

They have approved the MSDS for Prosecutor Pro. I am just thinking of the easiest way of doing this.

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Diuron is also allowed on ditches and even irrigation waterways that are dry at time of application. As for the spray gun, I would do it with a boomless nozzle on the end of a valved wand. I do not think spot sprayers are suited for running anything other than glyphosate or imazapyr. You need good agitation.

5. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

6. Cooter

from NE Iowa

Thanks for the replies. I was considering the JD-9 gun. Now I know it may work for this application. Do you have any links or pics of the boomless nozzle. That sounds interesting. Might really speed it up.

7. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

8. Cooter

from NE Iowa

That turbo spray gun looks interesting also. What kind of p.s.i. do you run with either one of those guns?

9. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Either one of these guns can go up to 500 psi.