Dry-Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, May 29, 2008.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been contemplating the purchase of some long-sleeved "dry-fit shirts to wear this Summer when I'm spraying lawns. In past years, I've been wearing cotton, long-sleeved shirts while spraying, but would like to don something that's going to be cooler and more pleasant to wear this Summer. Any opinions on this?

2. CrownLawnSvc

CrownLawnSvc LawnSite Member

I bought a long sleeve "running" shirt. It's great.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

OK

Tell an old man what a dry fit shirt is?????

4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I wear Russell Dri-Power longsleeve shirts, (of the gray persuasion). They breathe really well, prevent sunburn, and because they're 100% polyester they are VERY stain resistant and dry out quickly. Also very durable. My only clothing that lasts more than one season.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Loose fit Under Armor...unless you're ripped and want everyone to see your muscles. Breathes well, dries quick, lightweight

6. BNR LAWN SERVICES

BNR LAWN SERVICES LawnSite Member

I have and love Anvil Dri-Release 85% Polyester / 15% Cotton. Just a great shirt ash gray.

7. Victor

Hi Ted. Those Under Armor, "loose-fit" shirts are the ones I have my eye on. I'm going to get some and have them done up with my logo.

Ric... If you've never worn a "dry-fit shirt, you're in for a very pleasant surprise. The fabric that they're made of wicks moisture away from your skin like you wouldn't believe. From there, the moisture rapidly evaporates. On top of that, they let any type of wind, or breeze blow right through them. When you wear those shirts, I'd almost say you feel cooler than if you didn't have a shirt on at all. I'd highly recommend that you look into buying at least a couple of them. They would make your Florida Summers a lot more enjoyable. I'll see if I can't find a good link for you.

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, Victor. That's quite a sales pitch. But you failed to mention it also makes you look 3 dress sizes smaller. :laugh:

9. Victor

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I actually saw an old friend that still works for one of my major competitors wearing one last year...Navy Blue. I said "you must be crazy wearing that in this heat!" He said,"believe it or not, it's much cooler than you think." It looked sharp too. That's what got me to buy a couple. Kind of expensive but nice shirts.