Dry Gloves

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Oct 28, 2005.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Same question as for the boots thread. We use lightweight brown Jersey gloves. Good feel when handling pipe and parts, protect hands, repel glue but primer will bleed through if not careful. :cool2:

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I like those gloves, and can do most of the install work with them.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I can't stand working with gloves on, the only time I ever wore gloves was when I used to do concrete.

4. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with you on this one Jon. Gloves get in the way for me. Use them when running the equipment as it takes away some of the effects of engine vibration, but I wanna get that dirt under my nails and that cement and primer in the cuts!

LOL

Jerry

5. Wet_Boots

On a cold morning, the gloves help my fingers from getting stiff. I kept them on all day yesterday, but had to shuck them to install nozzles on the heads.

6. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

Totally agree I find it a big pain to work with gloves on! Get your hands dirty and move on, this ain't no "Desk Job"

7. PurpHaze

We buy these in large quantities also. I'm always getting hit up by the grounds guys for a pair to put on before they put on their regular work gloves to help them stay warm. :dizzy:

8. PurpHaze

But I have a second job as a male hand model. LOL:cool2:

9. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

My hands are purple. They’re always purple, except for those times that they’re too dirty to see anything else.

Actually, I found that neoprene gloves would keep my hands comfortable when working in wet stuff. It makes sense since wetsuits are made out of this stuff, ya know. However, since I haven’t used these while doing irrigation work, I don’t know how well the neoprene would hold up under a primer test, and it obviously isn’t going to be as tough as some other materials.

10. Wet_Boots

Once in a while I'll don gloves to wash dishes, and get some theraputic value out of it, hand-wise.