1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dry Shirts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Nov 12, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

There were a few of my Florida brethren on here this summer talking about a kind of shirt that drew the sweat away from the body and kept them dry despite the humidity. With the colder weather coming and snow work right around the corner, I'm interested in finding some of these shirts. Anyone know what these are called, where I can find them? Being drenched with sweat while working in 20 degree temps isn't the most ideal conditions for good health.

Thanks in advance.

2. mtdman

Anyone, anyone????
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard of some athletes wearing some called
    under armor
    I think, for this exact purpose.
    Maybe look it up and find something about them.
    I think they may be a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.
    Hope this helps.
  5. fastpitcher

fastpitcher LawnSite Member
    from PA

The big company that makes them is bodyarmor. But if you go to any out door store(EMS,Dicks,Sports Aurth and so on) that has hiking equipment. They will have the same stuff. If you go to a hunting store i believe they now have this for very cold usage. I wear the same in the winter as summer. It works for me.
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we get our shirts from Wearguard. The shirts are breathable and comfortable. Good luck !
  7. bucmaster

bucmaster LawnSite Member

I belive you are searching for polar tech under garments. I got mine for Cabela's
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi MTDMaster,

Here is something that you may be thinking of. Click image for link.

"These breathable shirts quickly wick moisture away from the body and into the air, thus keeping the wearer cool, dry and comfortable. 'Moisture-Wick' - The latest technology in moisture transport performance knits. 100% Spun Polyester with a soft cotton-like feel. Our 'Moisture-Wick' Shirts give you the feeling of wearing loose armour, with a generous cut for comfort."

9. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

It sounds like a shirt I have that's made out of "CoolMax". You can usually find them at an outdoor equipment store like fastpitcher mentioned above.
  10. mtdman

Do they work in the winter for you?
    Thanks to everyone who finally responded! I can always count on the Lawnsite guys.