Dry stacked colonial wall questions

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jbailey52, Jan 12, 2007.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the rule of thumb for everyone different way of pricing out a dry stacked Fieldstone wall.. I know there are many variables like, existing conditions, prep time etc... But assuming it was a pretty easy install and you used 3-4 pallets which cost roughly $180 each... what is your way of pricing? Cost of pallet multiplied by x? Or hours? What do you all do?

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Materials x 1.5 plus estimated man-hours

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

How nice of a wall do they want........inform them that part of the cost is due to trash in the pallet. The ugly, useless stone you get stuck with......estimate at least 25% is trash. So then you have disposal.

If you build quickly, make it look nice........I would say going $180 x 3 + disposal is the minimum you want to do. Use this only as a guideline, not how to price all jobs. Take into account access, is there needed backfill, is the wall curved, straight, multi levels.........mulch? sod?

4. jbailey52

Thanks..the wall is done, and I have my idea for a price... I just wanted to know how everyone else priced it. The backfill, plants lighting etc, is billed seperatly.. I am just curious how everyone else would charge just for the wall... I will post a picture of the wall... Thanks...

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. copeblk

copeblk LawnSite Member

looks good. I personaly like it when larger rocks are used to break the wall up, you did a good job working up to it. did you reacently do this wall? the only thing i would change is the bed in front, don't like how it follows the wall, maybe bump it out where the wal changes height in the middle???? where are you located? also do you have a night shot with the lights on?

6. jbailey52

appreciate the info.. but the jobs is done is done. haha.... South Jersey

Changed the lights around... here is one of the night shots.. not a real good shot tho...

[​IMG]

7. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

COPEBLK.. How you holding up? bad winter for snow?? Well hope all is oging well with you man? Ready for spring? I sure am!!!

8. copeblk

copeblk LawnSite Member

lawncare.. what is this winter thing that you speak of. are you sure we are suposed to get one? we have had 6 calls for installs in the past month.... they may get done sooner than they thought.

9. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

yea no winter!!! SO much for the plowing for pro scapes havent done ****.. I am ready to start mowing again!!!

10. jbailey52

hijacking my thread*trucewhiteflag*