Dry Weather!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawncare18, Mar 28, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone besides me in the northeast think its really dry and been really dry.. sort of has my wondering if this summer in the northeast will be like last year above average temps and no rain.. just seems way to dry for this early in the season and this wind everyday with 50 degree temps is just sucking the ground dry... any thoughts anyone out there????

2. tm ent.

tm ent. LawnSite Member

We're real dry here too. We had less than 1/10th of an inch of rain in the last 6 weeks. My customers lawns that dont have irrigation are dying out quickly.

3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Very dry here, we have had no rain this month yet. And it's almost over. We are 4" below norm already.

4. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

It's dry here in south jersey... doing spring clean-ups hasn't bin easier ever. we are 4.5 below water level. hope it rains soon!

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Spring cleanups are so easy cause there really was not much of any winter... maybe 8 to 10 plows wich is nothing for northern new york... just hope we get some rain so the grass will grow....

6. cha-chas plowing and lawn

cha-chas plowing and lawn LawnSite Member

yes very dry here the lawn we have cleaned up are dust and dead gress

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not washing and waxing both cars, the truck and the trailer just so it rains again
    because I did it last year and now it's someone else's turn.

8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I sure HOPE this season isn't as dry as last B/C I need to make some $$$ this year. Spent a ton of Money last year reinvesting into the Business. Now it's time to reap the rewards....Sure would hate to wait for another year to make some $$$.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Only 6/10th's on an inch here in NJ...they say it is the dryest March on record ever so far.:cry:

10. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Yes, we are dry as a bone here in CT. The spring cleanups have been moderately easy, except for the DUST!!

Since we had a "dry" winter and this spring is so dry, I have a feeling that this summer will be WET. I had a customer (who has passed away) who was a "country girl"... grew up on a farm, hunted and fished for food (not pleasure), grew the most incredible vegetable gardens. Anyway, she always said that Nature always makes up, meaning if one season is dry, the next will be wet. She was very accurate!

So, we'll see!

I am getting paranoid about brush fires. I have a feeling we will start having some soon. And they always occur right when I am in the middle of a job, and take a couple hours to put out.