1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dry well clean out job

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Sep 10, 2012.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Great machine great work

Gm where did you get taught your clean up?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks man. The first guy I worked for doing irrigation showed me how to keep things neat but now I take it even further. I just love the reaction I get from clients when they see the destruction and come back in a few hours and it was like we were never there.

What did you decide on?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

we have the mt, with the plow, trencher, bucket and boring attachments. i really like the boring and bucket (within limits). i think the trencher is under power and so is the plow. but i'm asking it to do a lot more than its designed for.

i'm pushing for the 410, have been for 2 years now.

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

no decisions made yet.

410 is the way to go..

My boss and I spent 2-3 hours this morning trying to bore under 2 walk ways. 5 total man hours... Those bores would of had us under there in minutes...

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I still don't get why the riser was not brought to sub-grade so the septic guys could easily pump it every few years. :dizzy:

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

they should of checked with you before any site changes mike.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Good point, shavehead. Just trying to help anyone in the future, WTF is your problem? :dizzy:

8. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I didn't bring it to grade because it is unsightly and the septic guys won't go in there and clean it the way we did anyway. The cover is about 6" deep if I need to go back in and clean the silt again. It is the norm to have the covers below grade weather it be septic or dry well.
    Posted via Mobile Device