Dry!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by philk17088, Sep 12, 2005.

1. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

ANybody in the Northeast doing ANY apps?
    Totally bone dry andburnt up here.
    No real rain in site for another entire week
    What is everybody else doing?
    :help:

2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

We are in a holding pattern too.......nightime temps down to 53 so we are close to cool season grass take off, just need some rain and we are good to go on the broadleaf/fert app.
    Pete D.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

It's quite dry south of boston( highest cost of living area in the USA). We are on fall apps and lawns are starting to kick in, an inch or two of rain and we will be alright. We are holding off on aerations until soil has enough moisture to pull decent cores.

4. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Lining up aeration/ overseed work but waiting for some moisture. Have done some fert. Weed control also on hold. Distributed 1000 flyers in select areas/neighborhoods promoting fall lawn care etc. Have had 3 calls in as many days. So dry people know not much can be done right now. It's going to be a mad dash to the finish when the weather gets better.

5. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Waiting to do aerations until October. Have been dethatching/power raking dead grass and reseeding. I have to wear a dusk mask because the soil is so dry and powdery!

6. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

i am calling customers 3-5 days ahead of time and telling them to water just to soften the ground so I can make penetration with seeder/aerator. No apps though, holding pattern as well. Thought Ophelia may bring some relief but not to be!!

7. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Anybody sending out a note or letter to apps customers?

8. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

I aerated some lawns last March/April. In September, I can still see the aeration holes!

9. GreenOasisLI

GreenOasisLI LawnSite Member

Things have been super dry in Long Island. Holding of on aeration and seeding until next week at least.

10. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We finally got some rain today! Hopefully it continues throughout the night...