dryest since 1882

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Sep 26, 2012.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

I did get 1 2.5" soaking back when it was super dry. Right at the tail end of the corn growing cycle. So the corn looks great around me.

It was about a 10 mile rad that got the rain. Was pretty fortunate to get that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Dry and hot here in central CA. Looking at the forecast, the projected high temp for October 1st is claiming 99 degrees.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

This is spot on. Another mild winter equals BIG trouble for us northerners.

And for the MN guys arguing about whether 2011 or 2012 was worse in terms of drought, they are BOTH bad. Hopefully 2013 is a much wanted change of weather patterns.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Seems to me that the Midwest, Southwest and South east(with the exception of Fla) climate has changed to warmer and drier. This change has been going on here in the SE since the late 90s. I am talking averages here over a long period of time. Spots have had a wetter than normal Summer but regionally it is still drought time for many. I think the weather used to be more predictable when it comes to rain forecast.

6. grass disaster

Think I'm going to start selling sun tan lotion. Or maybe air conditioners!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Just get into painting lawns. There is a company just down the hwy from you starting next season.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. grass disaster

Who's that? You?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

You know in the mid 90s when I was a teenager I dug lots of holes for cattle fence we always set the post in water. Our water table is 0-4 ft. Now its 6-10 ft. We dig holes now, even in the spring to 6ft and no water. It's just odd. I'm in mn and feel like I'm in Indiana.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

No. It's like classic grass. Classy grass or grass classic. I turned my headset on and heard the commercial.
    Posted via Mobile Device