1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

drying sopping wet boots, HOW?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Jun 15, 2004.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Well since its been raining tons, i had to work in the rain today. Consequently my boots now ooze rain whenever you take a step. Im not thinking they are gona dry overnight on their own and im wondering how everyone else dries theirs overnight. Cheers.
  2. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

First I do some laundry then I put my shoes under the dryer exhaust. Its pretty convient to do at my place.
  3. satch

satch LawnSite Member

roll up balls using newspaper.place them in your boots. it always works for me.be sure to pack it in tight.
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The dryer exhaust is sending out mostly moist air,the moisture being from the close that are drying inside that dryer.

Put them in the oven and turn it on low..............Mom will like that!
  5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

As satch said...newpaper REALLY tight. Works like a charm.
  6. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I put mine on top of the dryer and if there not dry all the way in the morning i use a blow dryer.
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have a boot dryer from Cabela's. Plug it in, put your boots on it, and they are dry by morning. About $ 45.00.My stepdad has the propane model that runs off of 1 pound canisters.It dries much faster and comes in really handy at deer camp.:D

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

You can always buy 2 of the same boots if the money is there. That way if something happens to one or if one pair gets wet you have time to let them dry. Especially if you forget to do something about it the day before.
  9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

would it work if i went to a laundry mat and stuck them in the drier for a few minutes? we dont get the paper :(
  10. No Sweat L/C

No Sweat L/C LawnSite Member

I put mine on top of the hot water heater. usually dry in the morning. Also keep a old pair as backup or wear in the wet weather.