1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dslnd 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

looking good again as always man and is that a fire radio in that one picture

2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks!

Thanks, Matt! Yep, that's my fire pager for volunteer dept. Starting an EMT class tonight to work towards becoming a first responder.

-Mitch-
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

awesome shop! the only think you're missing is a 60" LED TV on the wall! and a vending machine, a pool table, hot women....... but nice shop haha

4. DSLND

Thanks! Lol, I'd love a tv that covered an entire wall or something. Those are all on the "to get" list....as well as a hot tub :) lol

Thanks buddy

Well this weather is crazy. I've salted once back around mid-December and nothing else since. Fortuanetly, Ive got some work to keep us busy outside.

Heres a picture of a job I did today. The juniper has proboably been there since dinasours walked and the roots proboably go to China! But I hacked at it and got it out. Theres a few more on the opposite side (individuals) that are coming out tomorrow. I will finish the area with weed barrier/ 1 1/2" rock to match other side tomorrow.

-Mitch-

Auto Zone Pekin Shrubs 002.jpg

Auto Zone Juniper Removal.jpg

5. DSLND

Heres a job we will be starting later this week. This is from the jobsite where I have the picture of me trimming the shrubs with the yellow lift.

Me and my guys are going to cut the shrubs off as low as we can and my tree service sub is going to be there with two guys and a chipper/truck and we will give him the shrubs, he will chip em and take em, and then he is going to grind the stumps out and we will clean up and fill in any needed dirt for drainage reasons and start working on a design for new landscaping! Here are two pictures of the front, theres another 20-25ft on each side of the building also.

-Mitch-

Unland Before.jpg

Unland Before1.jpg

6. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i would just use your skid loader to pull them out and throw them in your dump trailer. No need to sub that out!

7. DSLND

Nick- I used to just rip these kinds of shrubs out but if you look at these roots when you get them out, I feel that they attach themselves to the foundation of homes/businesses and I'm afraid if we rip these out, there could eventually be drainage issues into the foundation, and that could be a future law suit for us. For these jobs, I normally just cut them off at the stump and have tree service come grind them out just to be safe.

-Mitch-
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

i dig them out with a backhoe then fill in dirt as need'd

9. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Gotcha! Makes perfect sense, good to look down the road and try to prevent future issues. Everything looks good!!

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, I like your thinking down the road, more companies should do that I feel. Even myself I need to do more of that.