1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dslnd 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, Dec 3, 2011.

1. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I didn't notice that but, it sure looks it.

2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey fellas,

Been a while since ive checked in. Hope everyone is doing good!

Figured id catch you guys up..

What a year 2012!

No snow, started mowing March 5th, terrible drought/heat, minimal snow for December and here we are January 11th, 50 degrees and getting ready for snow tomorrow night:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::clapping::dizzy:

Even through all the crazyness this year, we really got a lot done!

Equipment hasn't changed much. Still got both Chevy :weightlifter: K2500's, Bobcat/Wright mowers, etc. Hoping to add a dump trailer here soon and pondering the idea of an enclosed to carry the landscaping tools around, and if things take off like they should, hoping for a tractor or some kind of machine by the end of the year.

Ill add some pictures for you guys.

-Mitch-

526887_4063524236994_1939608413_n.jpg

577205_4710632574298_1411853069_n.jpg

428658_3223333152742_861165913_n.jpg

394545_4394125381816_9884368_n.jpg

546472_3990038439895_32804853_n.jpg

Summer12 025.jpg

Summer12 046.jpg

Summer12 053.jpg

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looking good man!

4. DSLND

Thanks dude! Hows everything down your way?

-Mitch

5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Not too bad, got myself a diesel finally, pretty heavy into irrigation with some big plans for the future. Pushing about 80-90% of all the commercial places in El Dorado between me and my buddy in the business. We team up in the winter and run three trucks total. If things pan out I should be making a big leap at the end of next season. There is a guy talking about getting out of the business, and has 80+ accounts, says he wants to give me first shot at it. So if we strike a deal things could get pretty crazy. I've got some pics up over in my thread from the season.

6. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that your lift? or did you rent it? Must be so much easier to do hedges that way!:cool2:

7. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Nevermind just read through the thread and saw that it was rented. Nice dump trailer!

8. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good, glad business is going good for you.

9. DSLND

Thanks, its my buddy's but Im hoping to buy one soon.

LawnMan19- Thanks.

Someone asked me today what my biggest struggle was right now and honestly its credit. Not every bank wants to hand a 19 y/o the kind of cash I need to build the business. But im working on it! lol

Happy plowing to all my Illinois friends tonight!

-Mitch

10. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Any snow last night Mitch? We had an inch up here in the QC. Pretty narrow band, we were very glad to get it. Looks like some areas forecasted for snow were stuck with sleet/rain (chicago). I sure hope there is more winter on the way.

Crazy weather year like you said. No snow, mowing in March (bizarre!), drought, etc. Glad to hear you made it through.

I like the newer crew long, a true worktruck. I don't think I could own another shortbed pickup.

If you're thinking about a piece of equipment, I highly recommend a miniskid (depending on your needs). The miniskid is really easy to get to the jobsite, and is a very versatile machine. I'm suprised at what they are capable of. We only bring our tractor to bigger jobs, and it can be a hassle (worth it for larger jobs).

Everything is looking great!

Good luck this season